.

Our Life is Blessed

Praise To God Comes Naturally When You Count Your Blessings.



Sunday, March 7, 2010

Update on Ethaniel






Well tomorrow my new little guy will be a month old. I have mixed emotions about how fast time is going by. On one hand I want him to be small and little forever. On the other hand I want time to fly by so we can hopefully be a family all together. We are still waiting on Andy to hear word on when and where we can all be together. Ethaniel is a very good baby and easy going most of the time...however he is colic from around 1:30a/m to 3:30a.m every night. It is really starting to take its toll on me. I have been trying to limit my diet in case I was eating anything that might be upsetting his tummy. I have been so unhappy with doing this...it is just a huge stress on top of a already huge pile of stress. Last night I had my mind made up to stop nursing. However today I read some articles pointing out that it is most likely not due to my breast milk that he is so fussy. I then also realized that he is crying the same time frame each night. I think he is just a normal baby who gets fussy at his fussy time. So I have decided to eat what I want and still nurse. He is going to scream and fuss no matter what anyway. I should be able to enjoy all the wonderful American food. Ethaniel has already grown up so much in just 1 month. He is so about to roll over and has major body strength. He is starting to play with his toys by reaching out for them and grabbing at them. It is really cute to see him get all excited. He is already able to wear most 3-6 month clothes. He is wanting to always nurse on me. If I hold him he expects to eat...so Eliana has really been a great help by holding him. Elias is great at getting things for the baby and talking to him. I love that the other kids are older and so able to help out. Without Andy around I really count on their help.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel your pain! I did have one child who was fussy from 5 PM until 12:00 Am..EVERY night. I too was limiting my diet, drastically. Then a family friend asked if I was having any caffeine. I said yes, but I only had one Pepsi at around lunch time, not in the evening. She told me that it explained why he was fussy at the time every night. If I had had the caffeine at dinner, it would have been in the wee hours of the morning(she's a nurse by the way). I thought she was crazy, but seriously, the first day I eliminated the one Pepsi, no more fussing at that time!! Hallelujah, I said! From that baby on, I never drank caffeine while nursing, and never had a problem again. How soon will they relocate you and your husband? He really is getting big fast! ENjoy every minute! Though I know it must be really hard doing it on your own and not having Daddy there with you!

The Cisneros Family said...

Jacob was like that too. Every night from 11pm until 3 or 4 am. It was horrible. From what I know now, and if it were my baby, I'd take him to the chiropractor. Just call and find one that has done little babies. They'll tell you the truth if the have or haven't and dont even worry about your insurance covering it. It's no more than $30. And if that doesn't work, at least you know and you'll have a more comfortable baby.