.

Our Life is Blessed

Praise To God Comes Naturally When You Count Your Blessings.



Sunday, August 26, 2007

On our way to church




I thought I would post some pictures of us on our way to church this morning. I was still thrilled to see that Eliana still loves a dress I made for her when she was 4. It is really sweet that it means so much to her. I think I may try to sew another one with my free time when the kids go off to school. I really have no idea how to sew anymore...so I would have to learn all over again. Elias is getting so big and was being a little couch potato who wanted to stay and watch cartoons this morning.I have a story I would like to share with others just in case they would care to hear. I got a real life lesson from God today at church. It always amazes me how straight forward God can be with us if we just have our hearts and eyes open to what he is saying. I have been trying to make it a point to give my 10% to the church...this has become a very important goal to me. Well with Andy not working a second job money has been tight making this a struggle to do. So this morning I prayed for God to give me a way to come up with the rest of my 10% to give by the end of this month. I then headed to church...while there our pastor had an orange and was talking about how we must sow are seeds. He asked if anyone would buy this orange from him for 1.00,then 3.00,then 7.00 still no takers. Which for my church is very rare most of the time to many people jump up to offer the pastor help with things like this. God kept saying to me buy the orange you have some cash which is such a rare thing for me to have. I debit card everything, never carrying cash at all. I however hesitated...then the pastor said $10.00. Just then I realized that is the same amount of money I had in my purse. Then I thought to myself there is something in that orange?? I was just about to raise my hand when another man raised his hand. He went to the front to buy the orange for $10. The pastor said peel the orange there was a $50 dollar bill. I was so upset for not listening to God speaking to me. All the signs were there...the answer to my prayer earlier that morning yet...I let the blessing God wanted to give to me pass right by. why? I lost out on my blessing for lack of faith. I just wanted to share that God taught me do not doubt even when what he ask of us makes no sense. What sense does it make to buy one orange for $10...well a whole lot now that I see the big picture. It is a simple thing that happened today. It however will change the way i see my life forever. So be sure not to miss out on the blessings God has for you.

No comments: