.

Our Life is Blessed

Praise To God Comes Naturally When You Count Your Blessings.



Thursday, February 12, 2009

San Diego Trip

























































































































I already posted the Legoland pictures on the blog,but that was just the 1st day we were in San Diego. Philip got us a barracks room at MCRD San Diego...which holds many memories for Philip as that is where he attended boot camp almost 13 years ago. We drove the base and showed the kids some of the obstacle courses. I know it brought Philip back in time. I still remember flying out to San Diego for his graduation. He looked so handsome and grown up. Everyone was so proud of him and I couldn't wait to be in his arms. As funny as it is one thing we were very excited to do as a family was go to Chick-fil-A. They are everywhere back home and we miss the yummy food so very bad. It had been 8 months. So we had the address programed in the navigation system before we even left Yuma. "They by far have the best Chicken Sandwich". Much to our disappointment the weather was rainy and cold. We had wanted to take pictures on the beach but it was way to cold. So we took the kids to a science museum...we got bored very fast and felt it was not worth the $40. Even Eliana as much as she loves science was bored after 45mins. After leaving the museum we walked Balboa Park and the museum district. It was so beautiful in that area. It's crazy to think me and Philip never came while we lived here in 1999. I was really taken by our lovely day in the park. We took a few cute pictures and just really enjoyed being outside. For dinner that night it was off to a favorite restaurant from when we lived there before. The last time we went was for Valentine's day dinner. Eliana was around 3 months old all dressed up like a doll. The kids ate really good and so we got them our favorite dessert from Claim Jumper"The Mud Pie" it is crazy to think me and Philip use to eat the entire dessert. On our final day we went to a outside mall called Fashion Vally...it had the top designer stores. I loved looking through the outside windows. I know I'd never spent the price so I was sure to stick to window shopping. However I did for the 1st time see a MAC store...so I did go in and Philip treated me to some new goodies. Then we hopped in the car and headed back to Yuma. It was so cold up in the mountains we drove through that it snowed. We were at 4500 feet and found a mountain of snow. So we did want any family would do we got out and played in the snow!! We had a super fun time until we decided we were all freezing cold. Overall it was a really fun little family mini trip.